Are you a quick bread lover as much as I am? Do like to slather a big slice of warm bread with butter (either flavored or plain)? Boy, I sure do! I am forever getting on a quick bread kick and making it multiple times in mini loaf pans to freeze for gift giving.
If you are passionate about quick breads, you have to try this scrumptious Cranberry Nut Bread. It has all the things you will love…cranberries and nuts.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsley ground
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1½ cups orange juice
- 4 tablespoon shortening, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar.
- In food processor, pulse the cranberries until coarsely ground.
- In a separate bowl, add cranberries, nuts, zest, orange juice, and shortening. Add the cranberry mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until a tester inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.