Nothing is more comforting than a satisfying mug of Hot Chocolate. And because I am such a sentimental girl, I decided to drink my hot chocolate out of my Dad’s favorite coffee cup that was given to me after he passed away.
Dad drank coffee out of this mug everyday and when mom offered the mug to me, I gladly jumped at the chance to be able to drink coffee and Hot Chocolate out of it. I guess I am more sentimental than I claim to be. To me, there is nothing better on a rainy day, than curling up on the couch with one of my favorite movies in the DVD player and sipping on Hot Chocolate from dad’s mug.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1 teaspoon White sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Instant Espresso Powder
- Heat the milk and half-and-half in a saucepan on medium heat to just below the simmering point.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate. When the chocolate is melted, add the sugar, vanilla extract, and Espresso Powder; whisk vigorously.
- Reheat gently and serve immediately with whipped cream, marshmallows, or a cinnamon stick, as you desire.