The weather influences my cooking and when it is cold outside, I want to make soup. Potato-Curry Soup is a good way to put a delicious spin on an otherwise plain potato soup.
Delicious potato soup with a curry spin.
Recipe type: Soup
Yield: 4 servings
- 5 large potatoes
- 4 to 5 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 to 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 cup cooked Country ham bits
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Peel potatoes (or leave the skin). Cut into chunks and cover with water. Cook in a saucepan until ⅔ tender.
- Add the dry seasonings, adding more or less as desired. Cook 5 additional minutes.
- Mash half of the potatoes with a masher. Add back to pot. Add the butter and half-and-half, stirring well. Add the ham bits.
- Cover pot and lower heat. Continue to cook 10-20 minutes on very low heat. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and serve.