As a celebration of the big Kentucky Wildcat game, we are going to munch on this Go Big Blue Cheese Guacamole, if there is anything left by game time.
The Hubby and I are big Mexican food lovers and this guacamole is right down our alley! We are so excited about the game that you will most likely hear us yelling from your location.
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, minced with seeds
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 large avocado or 2 small, pitted
- ¼ cup smoked almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Blue cheese, crumbled
- In medium bowl, mash the onions, jalapeno, salt, and half of the parsley into a paste. Stir in lime juice.
- Chop the avocado(s) into the bowl. Add remaining parsley, most of the almonds, and the Blue cheese.
- Toss well and coarsley mash. Season to taste with additional lime juice and salt.
- Garnish with remaining almonds and more blue cheese.
- Best if served right away.