I was given this quick and easy recipe for Golden Salad by a former co-worker named, Nevelyn. I suppose it gets its name from the golden color it takes on once you blend all the ingredients. In any case, it is a pleasant surprise to an otherwise ordinary fruit salad.
Anyone can make a fruit salad, but when you mix the pudding mix and it creates a sauce, you wind up with a very delicious version of a fruit salad. Nevelyn and I worked together for a while and every time we would have a company potluck lunch, she would bring this delicious salad. I asked her for her recipe and she recited it off the top of her head. Thanks Nevelyn.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, do not drain
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mandarian oranges, drained
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package Vanilla Instant Pudding mix, leave dry
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Blend pineapple chunks, Mandarian oranges, banana slices, pudding mix, and nuts together.
- Serve immediately.