Rice pudding is an old time favorite, but the delectable Praline Sauce pushes it over the top. Try this Rice Pudding with Praline Sauce for dinner tonight.
Rice Pudding with Praline Sauce
Creamy Rice Pudding with Praline Sauce is delicious for your next dessert.
Recipe type: Dessert
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¾ cups half-and-half, divided
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- Stir together the milk, rice, salt, cinnamon, and 2 cups half-and-half in a large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, for 35 to 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Whisk together egg yolks, ½ cup half-and-half, and sugar. Temper the egg mixture by gradually stirring about ¼ of the hot rice mixture into the egg mixture. After the egg mixture is tempered, stir it into the remaining hot mixture. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160 degrees and is thickened (about 6-7 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Stir together the caramels and remaining ¼ cup half-and half in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth. Stir in pecans.
- Serve praline sauce over rice pudding.