I love Apricots and especially if they are in this Layered Apricot Bars! This is a easy recipe that needs to end up in your collection.
Layered Apricot Bars
A soft and chewy bar is delicious with a hot cup of coffee! These Layered Apricot Bars are no exception.
Recipe type: Dessert
Yield: 1½ dozen
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried apricots
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Bring apricots and water to cover to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minuts or until tender. Drain and coarsely chop apricots; set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add ¼ cup white sugar, beating well. Stir in 1 cup flour, and press mixture into a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Beat eggs at medium speed until thick and pale; gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add remaining ⅓ cup flour, baking powder, and salt, beating well.
- Stir in chopped apricots, walnuts, and vanilla extract, and spread mixture evenly over crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees Farenheit for 45 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
- Cut into bars, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.