Oatmeal is good for you, right? On the premise that oatmeal is good for you, I whipped up these tasty little Oatmeal-Raisin Cookie Bites as a treat to enjoy after dinner. Guess what?
They were a hit with the Hubby and me!
- 1½ cups Old Fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup whole-grain wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and both sugars until incorporated. Add egg and vanilla, mix thoroughly.
- Add oat mixture and mix until just combined; fold in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets, about 1-inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes, remove to a wire rack to cool completely.