We are having company tonight and in an effort to make something delicious for sitting around the fire pit, I reached for a Sugar Cookie Mix with the intentions of making cookies, but instead zeroed in on a S’More Bars recipe on the back of the package.
Everyone know that a fire pit cries out for S’Mores and not only were they quick, but delicious too!
- 1 envelope (17.5 ounces) Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 4½ cups miniature marshmallows
- Blend cookie mix and graham cracker crumbs; add melted butter. Blend well.
- Press into ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 to 20 minutes or until set.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over baked layer. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over baked layer.
- Set oven control to boil. Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate.
- Broil with top 4 to 5 inches from heat 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted.