Yet another easy dessert snack mix. I have been making this Butterscotch Haystacks candy since I was in Home Economics in High School and that is a long time.
Yes, when I went to school there was actually a Home Economics class. I always aspired to be a Home Economics teacher, but when I got old enough to teach, the classes were not available in school. Oh well!
- 1 cup Butterscotch flavored morsels
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup peanuts (salted or dry roasted)
- 2 cups Chow Mein noodles, uncooked
- Place the butterscotch flavored morsels and the peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes total (30 second intervals and stirring after each interval).
- Add the peanuts and the Chow Mein noodles and blend to coat noodles thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined sheet pans. Place the sheet pans in the refrigerator until the candy is set.
- Store the candy in the refrigerator.