There must be a million recipes on how to roast a chicken, but I look for the simplier ways to do things and this Basic Roasted Chicken recipe cannot get any easier. Delish!
It is moist, yet very good tasting.
Basic Roasted Chicken
Yield: 6 servings
Flavorful and moist Basic Roasted Chicken is fool-proof.
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, washed
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub the olive oil all over the skin of the chicken. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the entire bird, both inside and out. Tie the legs together with butcher’s twine, so the bird will remain plump and round while cooking.
- Place the bird into a roasting pan and roast until the skin is browned and crisp, the juices run clear, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh (but not touching a bone), reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven, let the chicken rest for 10 minutes, and cut the twine on the legs. Enjoy!.