I love taking healthy Granola Bars to work for my break, so I whipped up this version and love every bite!
Why eat store-brought Granola Bars, when you can make these tasty little guys in a snap?
Recipe type: Dessert
Yield: 3 dozen
- 3½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sunflower kernels
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup chopped dried apples
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine oats and almonds in a 15 x 10 x 1-inch sheet pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, butter, honey and vanilla. Stir in the sunflower kernels, coconut, apples, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in oat mixture. Re-spray the sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray and press the granola mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack in the pan. Cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container.