The tartness of the pomegranate mixed with the sweetness of the pineapple add a flavor to the pork chops that can not be topped. Grilled Pork Chops with Pomegranate and Pineapple Glaze is a winner, winner…pork chop dinner!
Grilled Pork Chop with Pomegranate and Pineapple Glaze
Yield: 2 servings
Tender and juicy pork chops grilled with a Pomegranate and Pineapple glaze. Yum!
- 2 boneless pork chops, about ½-inch thick
- 1 large fresh pomegranate
- ½ fresh pineapple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate into a small saucepan; add the chopped pineapple, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Cook until the pomegranate seed render most of their juice and the pineapple has softened, approximately 20 minutes.
- Place the pomegranate mixture into a blender and blend until everything is smooth. Strain the pomegranate mixture through a fine sieve and place the liquid back into the saucepan; add the honey. Discard the pomegranate and pineapple pulp.
- Cook the strained liquid until it reduces in volume, thickens, and coats the back of a spoon.
- Grill the pork chops to your desired doneness; remove from grill. Brush the glaze over the pork chops and cover with aluminum foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and enjoy.
You will have glaze left, so place in a freezer container and pop it in the freezer to use over grilled fish.