There is something about the sweet and sour taste of a lemon-type dessert that everyone loves. Granted, Meyer lemons are not as sour as an ordinary lemons but actually refreshing!
Meyer Lemon Bars are the bee’s knees!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 4 whole eggs, beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, 2 cups flour and ½ cup powdered sugar using a pastry blender. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 13 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large bowl, combine the lemon juice, eggs, white sugar, baking powder and 4 tablespoons flour; whisk until smooth.
- Pour lemon mixture over baked crust and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle sifted powdered sugar over the top and slice into bars.