White Chili is not the Hubby’s favorite, because he is a Classic Chili fan. But, he did like it! February is typically a cold month and the time of year that I serve a lot of chili and soup.
For an “out-of-the-ordinary” chili, you cannot go wrong with this one.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cups shredded Rotisserie chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch ground red pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Green onion, sliced for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion. Saute until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Combine broth, beans, chiles and seasonings in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add sour cream and whipping cream, stirring well. Garnish with sliced green onions.