We love carrots any way we can get them. These Orange-Spice Glazed Carrots are scrumptious as a vegetable side dish to just about anything.
Orange-Spice Glazed Carrots
Tender baby carrots are a good accompaniment to any meal.
Recipe type: Sides
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar or brown sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Place carrots in a medium saucepan and barely cover with water. Cook until tender. Remove carrots to serving bowl. In the same saucepan and leaving the cooking water, add the Agave Nectar or brown sugar, orange juice, butter, and cinnamon. Cook until butter melts and all ingredients are blended.
- In a small bowl, place the ¼ cup cold water and stir in the cornstarch. Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan with the orange juice mixture and cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Return the carrots to the glaze and cook until carrots are heated through.
- Place glazed carrots in serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.