For those who visit All Things Home Related on a regular basis, you probably know that for the past two months I have been working on my mother’s new house so she could move closer to me during her senior years.
My mother is very independent (and so am I) and insisted on living in her own house (rather than moving in with me and the Hubby), but still wanted me to be five minutes away instead of 25 minutes away from her. After two long months, we finally moved her into the house yesterday. So you see, I have not intentionally been ignoring my website, but on the contrary have been wrapped up in mom’s house/move. In celebration of our lives getting back to normal, I decided to fix Baked Oatmeal with Berries. Not only is it amazingly delicious, it is extremely easy!
- 2¼ cups Old Fashioned Oats, uncooked
- ⅓ cup granulated (white) sugar
- 3⅓ cups Fat-free milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare an 8-inch square baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats and granulated sugar.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla extract; mix well. Add to oat mixture; mix well.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes or until the center jiggles slightly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with brown sugar; return to the oven.
- Bake just until sugar melts, 2-3 minutes. Set oven to broil and broil until sugar bubbles and browns slightly, 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and serve hot.