Eggs in a Basket is one way to fancy up your breakfast for the family. Who knows, maybe you can even get the kids to eat an egg if it is wrapped in a piece of toast! Delicious!
Eggs in a Basket
Tired of the same old way to serve eggs in the morning? Break out your cookie cutters and make Eggs in a Basket!
Recipe type: Breakfast
Yield: 2 servings
- 4 slices whole wheat or white sandwich bread
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet, place the butter and melt over low heat.
- Meanwhile using a cookie cutter, cut out the center of each slice of bread. Place the bread (and the cut-outs) in the skillet over medium heat.
- Place an egg inside the hole of each slice of bread. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the cut-outs are nice and toasted.
- Flip each slice of bread (and the cut-outs) and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook until the second side of the cut-outs are toasted to a golden brown.
- Remove from the skillet and serve immediately.
Shredded Cheddar cheese may also be sprinkled onto the eggs as an added surprise.
Calories: 366 Fat: 22.1g Saturated fat: 10.4g Trans fat: 0.5g Carbohydrates: 23.8g Sugar: 3.8g Sodium: 547mg Fiber: 3.8g Protein: 18.4g Cholesterol: 358mg