Do you love pizza? Right, who doesn’t? But if you love pizza and you love the one-dish convenience of a casserole, this Mama Mia Pizza Casserole is the one you should try.
Mama Mia Pizza Casserole
Yield: 8 servings
A great tasting casserole that can be adapted to include your pizza favorites. Mama Mia Pizza Casserole is also a freezable dish.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (6.5-ounce) can mushroom slices, drained
- 1 (5 or 6-ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 8-ounces tube-shaped pasta of your choice, cooked
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef and onion; drain. In the same skillet, stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms, pepperoni, oregano, 1 cup cheese, and pasta.
- Transfer to a 13 x 9-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake, uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
You may adjust these ingredients to include your favorite toppings on a regular pizza. Serve with a salad and garlic bread for a complete dinner.
Calories: 684 Fat: 20.4g Trans fat: 0.3g Carbohydrates: 86.5g Sugar: 3.8g Sodium: 898mg Fiber: 4.4g Protein: 40.3g Cholesterol: 109mg