Just for snacking, these delicious Cinnamon Pecans are the bomb! I made these pecans for us to eat while we are watching the St. Louis Cardinal World Series game tonight. I hope they win!
Also, please take a look at the beautiful antique Milk Glass Candy Dish I purchased while scouring the Flee Market in Nashville, Tennessee this past weekend. It is made by Westmoreland Glass Company and I think it is an absolute beauty. I purchased several pieces of Milk Glass (some Westmoreland, some Fosteria, and some Imperial). I think they are all so beautiful and I will be introducing them throughout my upcoming posts.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare one sheet pan by lightly greasing with shortening or butter, or use a Silpat mat.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg and water mixture, stir to coat the nuts. Remove and toss in the sugar mixture until well coated. Spread the nuts on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool and serve.