It was cold enough today for me to get into my “soup mode” and I knew exactly which one I was going to make. The Hubby bought me a Taste of Home magazine the other day and in it was a Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup recipe that I drooled over when I saw it and vowed it would be my first soup of the 2013 Autumn Season.
Here it is…
- 1 pound Cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (6-ounce each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 carton (32-ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add rice, contents of seasoning packets, broth, and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add cream and heat through.