The holidays are just not “THE HOLIDAYS” without a pumpkin pie somewhere in the mix. I found this recipe for Sour Cream-Pumpkin Pie in my archive recipe box and was reminded of how good it is, so I thought I would give it a try this year. The sour cream gives the pie a lighter and fluffier texture that is a lot like the Pumpkin Custard I make all the time.
If you like pumpkin pie, give this recipe a whirl:
- Pie Crust for a 9-inch pie
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate or tart pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sour cream, and eggs. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Serve with whipped cream.