A delicious Sweet Potato Casserole for your next family gathering!
I must be suffering from Christmas-lag! You know the way you feel when you have a lengthy flight and is called jet-lag? I have the same feeling only it is from lengthy Christmas over-load! We finally have Christmas 2013 behind us with nothing but clean-up and restoration ahead. By restoration, I mean taking down all the Christmas decorations, restoring the house back to normal, and settling in for 2014 to arrive. And I welcome 2014 with open arms! I have high hopes that 2014 will be a wonderful year!
This delicious Sweet Potato Casserole is one of the dishes I prepared for my mother’s Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve and I am just now getting around to posting it. Shame on me! In spite of my tardiness, I hope you enjoy it at the next gathering with your beloved family and/or friends.
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose four
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¾ stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 1½ quart casserole dish by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed sweet potatoes, ½ stick butter, white sugar, coconut, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt; mix well. Place the sweet potato mixture in the casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, place the flour, brown sugar, ¾ stick butter, and nuts and mix until it resembles coarse crumbles. Sprinkle on top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping has turned a golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving as the casserole will be very hot.