This is strictly a menu idea for your Dinner tonight, because anyone can bake a potato! Right?
I have gotta ask, have you and your significant other ever been able to read each other’s minds? Not literally, but thinking the same thing at the same time kind of mind reading!
The Hubby and I were on our way home from work and he asked the magic question, “What’s for supper, Aunt Bea” (which is a phrase from the old Andy Griffith shows). In unison we both blurted out (at the same time, I might add), “How about a Loaded Baked Potato?” We looked at each other and smiles popped on our faces! After 25 years of marriage, he and I are on the same wave length on many occasions, but in some ways are total opposites (i.e., type of music we prefer, room temperature in our home, etc.) I guess you could say, we compliment each other!
So a Loaded Baked Potato it is!
- 2 large baking potatoes, washed and skins oiled
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 dollops sour cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped chives or parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrap each potato individually in a piece of aluminum foil.
- Place potatoes directly on the rack in the oven and bake for 1½ hours or less depending on the side of the potatoes.
- Once potatoes are done, remove from the oven and serve piping hot.
- Load your baked potato with any combination of items you desire.