Nestled in some of my favorite antique food storage containers, Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Nuts are waiting to be enjoyed during the Super Bowl game tonight. There is a lot of hype over this game, but if you are a lover of football like I am the build-up is justified. I love everything about the Super Bowl…the game (of course), the wonderful commercials, the delicious food, and even the weather today. It is sleeting and snowing outside this afternoon, which makes piling up on the couch with a warm fire in the fireplace and Super Bowl snacks right down my alley.
Try these roasted and lightly flavored nuts on for size:
- ½ pound raw almonds
- ½ pound pecan halves
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread nuts onto a baking sheet.
- Bake until nuts are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While nuts are roasting and in a small saucepan, heat olive oil, garlic, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and sea salt over low heat. Mash the garlic and rosemary to release their flavors in the oil.
- Remove nuts from oven and transfer to a glass bowl. Pour hot oil mixture over the nuts; stir every 5 to 10 minutes until the nuts are completely cooled.
- Drain the excess oil from the nuts by transferring to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Sprinkle with more salt, if desired.