What is for lunch? I am not going to bore you with a recipe to make a sandwich…I am however, going to tell you what I have on this sandwich and how I made the flavored mayonnaise that made it so good.
The Hubby had been out all morning doing assorted things around the farm and barn (in the melting snow, I might add). And I, likewise had been in the house doing laundry and other assorted chores, when he came in and started rummaging through the pantry for something to eat while he watched a basketball game (his favorite sport).
I had copious amounts of different types of deli sandwich meats, so the answer was obvious! A Submarine Sandwich was in store for our lunch, today! Now everyone out there knows how to assemble a sandwich, but have you ever added flavored mayonnaise to your sandwich?
There are many ways to flavor mayonnaise, whether it is with ketchup, mustard, herbs and spices, or Ranch Dressing mix. But I bet you have never flavored a mayonnaise with hummus, have you? Well, I had Bacon Hummus in the refrigerator from a previous recipe and I thought why not! It was easy and tastes like it was hard!
Here is how I did it:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Bacon Hummus (or your favorite flavor)
- Submarine rolls
- Deli Bourbon Ham, thinly sliced
- Deli Hard Salami, thinly sliced
- Pepperoni, thinly slices
- Provolone cheese slices
- 2 slices of onion
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Pickle slices
- In a small bowl, place the mayonnaise and the Bacon Hummus; stir until well combined.
- Slice the submarine rolls and spread generously with the flavored mayonnaise. Stack the meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles in the order you prefer. Place the top half of the roll onto the sandwich and slice.
- Serve with a glass of iced tea and you have a winner!