I am all about “quick” things these days, especially since it is still getting dark soon after I arrive home from a hard day at work. As the weather authorities predicted, it was bitter cold today and tonight is going to be more of the same. I love soups of all kinds and decided to try this Quick Carrot Soup for tonight’s meal, just to warm up the tired, old bones.
The title is spot on because it took me only a few minutes to get it buzzed together in my blender and on the stove for a wonderful bowl of hot soup. Granted the average “meat and potatoes” guy is not going to dream all day about a big bowl of carrot soup, but hey…life is full of surprises!
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1-2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Salt, to taste
- In a blender, add the carrots, 1 cup chicken stock, sour cream, onion, lemon juice, Maple syrup, ginger, paprika, and nutmeg; blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan and add more chicken stock until it is soup consistency. Cook (but do not boil) over low to medium heat. Taste and season with salt, as desired.