I feel compelled to ask, “what is up with the weather?” I normally, try not to dwell on the weather because there is little to nothing a person can do about it, but I cannot control myself…the rain is dampening my spirit! On the bright side though, rainy weather is the perfect back-drop for hot soup and a sandwich like this Blackened Chicken Sandwich with Mission Fig Mayonnaise.
A cup of hot tomato soup (or your favorite flavor of soup) pairs wonderfully with this sandwich, especially since it is so rainy and disagreeable outside. And, the sweetness of the Mission Fig Jam combined with the mayonnaise compliments the other flavors marvelously. Marry all of these great tastes on a soft deli Kaiser roll and it is hard to beat!
- 2-ounces deli blackened chicken
- 1 slice Baby Swiss cheese
- 1 deli Kaiser roll, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Mission Fig Jam
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and jam; mix well. Spread onto each slice of Kaiser roll.
- Pile on the deli chicken; top with cheese and lettuce.
- Serve with warm soup of your choice.
Here is wishing for sunshine tomorrow!