I get on food binges and my latest binge is Caesars Salads. I like the salads with only a little dressing, but I also like dressing them up with items that makes them a whole new tasty treat. Today’s dress up was with strawberries to create a Caesars Salad with Strawberries.
The tangy sweetness of strawberries is a nice compliment to the other ingredients and gives you a flavor twist to remember. Other items that takes a regular Caesars Salad and it special are chicken, salmon, bacon, pineapple, apples, toasted pecans…let your imagination run wild.
In an effort to eat healthier, salads are a must these days. Leafy greens are good for you after all! 🙂
Today I made, what seemed like, 20,000 steps in my house and yard. I went to a couple of local flea markets with my sister-in-law, Cindy, yesterday so I had to catch up on the household chores today. As usual, if I move one thing (furniture or what-not) it creates a domino effect throughout the whole house. I move something, which forces me to move another and another and another. Ever been there?
Once I finally slowed down, I realized I had forgotten to eat lunch so a Caesars Salad with Strawberries was exactly what I needed to perk me up.
I have tried several Caesars Salad dressings, but like this recipe the best. Hope you enjoy!
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Strawberries, sliced
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the mayonnaise, cheese, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined.
- Apply the desired amount of dressing to the lettuce and croutons. Top with additional Parmesan cheese and the sliced strawberries.
Now that I have my belly full, I am ready to relax on the couch for an evening of television. I am so tired that I am sure a nap is in store! 🙂
Tell me what you think of my salad experiment!