I have a sweet-tooth that is out of this world! Even though I am trying to eat healthier, that crazy sweet-tooth reminds me on a regular basis to feed it. Taking my new found healthy inspiration from my friends at Positive Health Wellness, I have been satisfying my sweet cravings with fruit, but today I wanted even more…so Green Grapes in Snow was born.
Why am I thinking about snow when it is the middle of summer and there is a heat-wave outside? What better way to take your mind off of the triple-digit heat index than snow? Well, it is not real snow, but that is the catchy name for this unusual dessert. This is obviously a dessert to serve to guests, but I wanted to treat myself today and make an ordinary bowl of grapes extraordinary.
The following recipe is brought to you by a book from the Junior League of Jacksonville, Florida and is so simple to make with a limited number of ingredients.
- 2 pounds green grapes, stemmed, washed, and drained
- ½ cup Kirsch (a cherry flavored liqueur)
- 1 pint sour cream (I used light)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Soak grapes in Kirsch for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream.
- Serve in champagne or martini glasses. Sprinkle with brown sugar and garnish with mint leaves.
Stay cool my friends!
Ronda from ~All Things Home Related~