We have had such a pleasant and cool August this year…I love it! The humid is low and a gentle breeze is blowing most of the time. Weather like this in August is rare in Western Kentucky and it stirs up the creative juices in me…the latest creation being Chocolate Marshmallow Bars.
After coming in from a day working in the yard, I intended to eat dinner and settle down to a movie on television. I was unable to find anything that peaked my interest, so the next best thing was to flip through my recipe box. I read recipe books like most people read novels!
My recipe box is always an inspiring spot for me and the Chocolate Marshmallow Bars recipe called out for me to whip them up. I was happy to oblige! 🙂
This recipe is so freaky fast and simple to make that it is almost scary! The brownie-like bars topped with marshmallows and chocolate…how could you go wrong?
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Grease 9 x 13-inch baking dish, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add softened butter and sugar; cream until fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until the center is firmly set. Immediately top with the marshmallows and chocolate chips and bake for 3 additional minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently swirl the marshmallows and chocolate chips together. Cool completely before cutting into bars
- Store in tightly covered container.
Love and happiness,