How did your day go under the shadows of the 2017 Total Solar Eclipse? It was like midnight at noon! I was skeptical at the “life changing event” claims, but I was so moved by the awesome sight that I almost became emotional! I think I did hear myself shout, “look at it…that is awesome!” Equally awesome is this Crustless Shrimp Quiche…
I was off from work on Eclipse Day for a major event, click here to read all about it. While I was at home, I did what I always do when I have a few minutes to spare…cook and/or bake! Today’s brain-child was a Crustless Shrimp Quiche, which was an excellent choice indeed!
One of my co-workers, Ryan has his own chickens in his back yard and supplies the work family with fantastically fresh eggs. In spite of my cholesterol level being slightly elevated at my latest doctor’s appointment, I could not fight temptation. Instead, I decided to live on the wild side and make something I knew I would love…a Crustless Shrimp Quiche!
I have made a shrimp quiche before (see here) but not all quiches are created equal, my friends. The velvety texture of this Crustless Shrimp Quiche makes it a cut above.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 (4-ounce) package of frozen salad shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup Bisquick of Jiffy baking mix
- 4 medium eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit for metal 9 to 10-inch pie pan or 325 degrees Farenheit for a ceramic quiche dish. Lightly grease the dish.
- Sprinkle the shrimp, cheese and green onions evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Place the milk, baking mix, eggs, salt and black pepper into a blender or food processor. Mix for 1 minute on high speed.
- Pour milk mixture over shrimp, green onions and cheese.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted in to the center.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you like quiche and you like shrimp; you will LOVE this recipe and so will the man of the house…real men DO eat quiche!