Happy fall ya’ll! Tis the season for all things Pumpkin!
Fall is my most favorite season of all. I love watching the leaves on the trees turn to their fall colors of gold, orange, and red. I love the flavors of different types of soups and chili. Pumpkins, gourds, and squash are at their peak, so why not take advance of the harvest by baking lots of pumpkin bread. My most recent pumpkin bread inspiration is Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread.
Few things compare to a warm slice of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread and a cup of hot coffee or a big glass of cold milk! Not to mention, this loaf of delicious pumpkin bread makes a thoughtful gift idea.
Since this pumpkin bread freezes well, treat your family and friends to a loaf of this delicious pumpkin bread over the holidays or click here for a unique way to share your delightful baked treat. I guarantee it will bring a smile to any face and they will wonder how you became so clever!
- ⅔ cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (16-ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Grease and flour three 9 x 5 loaf pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; add granulated sugar, pumpkin, oil, and water. Blend thoroughly.
- In a separate large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and baking soda. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and add chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans, dividing evenly. Bake in oven for 1 hour.
Typically, fall begins a hectic and fast paced period of the year so take time for yourself and relax with a piece of homemade Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread.