If your children love chocolate and bananas together! Try this special treat during the Halloween season and bake up a batch of these Love Muffins for your little Halloween Ghosts and Goblins.
My regular readers know how I hate to waste food so when I have a couple of bananas getting too ripe, I start searching for a way to use them. I love frozen bananas dipped in chocolate so with that combination in mind, I created these Love Muffins. They are deliciously moist and therefore, do not need frosting. After all, with Halloween coming soon the sugar consumption will be out the roof anyway.
This is how I made my them:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups mashed over-ripe bananas (about 3 medium or two large)
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Prepared mini-muffin tins by greasing or lining with paper muffin cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, granulated sugar, baking cocoa, baking soda, salt, and baking powder; combine well.
- In a separate large bowl, add bananas, oil, and egg until well blended. Add flour mixture; stir until just moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full, using a small scoop. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes and then remove from the pan to a wire rack.
Now anyone can bring a bowl of store-bought candy to a Halloween party! That is all the more reason, this year you should put smiles on everyone’s face with a batch of these Love Muffins for your Little Halloween Ghosts and Goblins! Show them some love with Love Muffins!
Happy Halloween, ya’ll!
Boo from Ronda at ~All Things Home Related~