Baby it is cold outside! And, I am not even kidding! The second snow, in as many days, is falling today with a prediction of 1-3 inches expected…this on top of the 4-6 inches already on the ground AND 1/2 of ice underneath. I know this does not sound like much to folks in areas where they receive tons more, but around here it is a bit unusual.
I have a major case of cabin fever while waiting for the temperature to rise above freezing, so I thought I would create something cold (to coincide with the outside). This is a carry-over recipe from the holidays that I never got around to making when it was so crazy…and that is a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!
Sometimes a smoothie is all you need for breakfast or lunch. I had a large breakfast so I opted for a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie for lunch. I am trying to eat healthier since the 2018 year began and this smoothie falls right in to the healthy category.
- 1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree'
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 tablespoon Agave nectar or honey (if you like it sweeter)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- ½ cup crushed ice
- Sprinkling of ground nutmeg
- Blend milk, pumpkin, graham cracker crumbs, banana, nectar or honey cinnamon, salt, and ice in a blender until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Snow, snow…go away and don’t come back another day! Although it is very beautiful, almost snow globe-like, enough is enough!
I hope you enjoy your next Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!